NOTE: The information provided in this section is specific to Australia.
There are a number of environmental triggers that can cause sensitivity in skin, including oxidative stress caused by free radicals, climate change, pollution, smoke, smog, sun exposure, friction or just product overload. Even those whose skin is usually calm throughout the rest of the year can experience sensitive skin during the dryer, harsher winter months.
The SOOTHE Regimen helps to reduce dryness and cracked or chapped skin for a calm, healthy-looking complexion every day.
People with sensitive skin need to be especially diligent about sun protection because sun exposure can trigger sensitive skin. SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 contains only mineral-based sunscreen ingredients (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide) that deflect the sun’s rays, keeping the skin’s surface cooler to minimize the appearance of facial redness.
SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 is a lightweight formula free of chemical sunscreens, fragrances, dyes or alcohol that can irritate sensitive skin. It’s a great addition to any skincare Regimen, as it conditions skin with Panthenol and Glycerin, helps protect skin’s natural moisture barrier and provides antioxidant benefits with Vitamin E and Licorice Root Extract.
If you have concerns that your skin may be reactive or sensitive to certain ingredients, apply the SOOTHE Regimen on a small area of your skin before introducing it to your face.
Before using SOOTHE for your skincare Regimen, we recommend you test products using the following instructions for three days, three times a day:
- Apply a small amount of the product on your jawline or neck. If you’re testing the SOOTHE Gentle Cream Cleanser, apply it for 30 seconds, and then rinse it off.
- Apply each product on a separate area. When you test again, reapply the products in the same area as originally applied.
- Watch for any signs of redness, dryness, irritation or swelling.
If you determine you are sensitive to a product, discontinue use.
SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash:
Non-sudsing cleanser and moisturising ceramides nurture skin’s natural delicate barrier. Sweeps away makeup and other skin impurities without the use of harsh surfactants. Bisabolol, Aloe Vera and Chamomille extracts help to smooth and visibly soften rough skin.
SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment:
Reduces the appearance of redness, calms sensitive skin and moisturises dry skin. Uses R+F Peptide Technology and vegetable lipids to condition the skin and help keep the surface properly moisturised. Vitamin E nourishes the skin, and Dimethicone and Allantoin help soothe the skin’s surface.
SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream:
Utilises RF COLD FISSION technology to replenish skin’s natural moisturising factors without the use of traditional emulsifiers. Rich, dewy formula soothes, moisturises and nourishes.
SOOTHE Calming Lotion SPF 15:
Calming lotion with SPF 15 protection is formulated without fragrance, dyes or alcohol. Lightweight formula calms and soothes while it helps to keep the skin’s surface cooler and minimises the appearance of visible redness.
1. Read the entire SOOTHE Regimen brochure and take advantage of the concise information, directions and tips regarding your skin condition, and the SOOTHE products that help to reduce the appearance of redness, calm sensitive skin and moisturise dry skin.
2. Be sure to follow the instructions to patch test the skin prior to using SOOTHE Regimen so that potential reactions are avoided.
3. Avoid aggravating the skin with heat, sun, steam, scrubs, peels, mechanical brushes, wash cloths, professional microdermabrasion and moisturisers with Retinol or Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) during this time. Do not use REDEFINE AMP MD Derma-Roller on sensitive skin.
4. To further calm skin, use fingertips to gently massage SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash onto dry skin, then add water, and massage lightly, then rinse and pat skin dry.
5. For flaky skin that is not extremely sensitive, use ENHANCEMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste gently on damp skin gently once or twice per week.
6. If skin is oily, use the SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream only at night or only on dry areas.
People who use SOOTHE also enjoy REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream and REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum.
Please patch test products first if concerned about sensitivity.
Wipe off SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash rather than wash it off. Apply more SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream as needed throughout the day.
If skin is not sensitive, you may lightly exfoliate skin with ENHANCEMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste ON WET SKIN one to three times a week in place of SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash. Always follow with the remaining SOOTHE steps.
For all infants and children, and for anyone with a health concern, we advise:
1. Consulting with a health care professional and providing him/her the Australia ingredient list.
2. As the SOOTHE brochure directs, patch test the products on separate areas near the place of planned application three times a day for three days on a small area to see if the skin can acclimate to the formulations.
You can use SOOTHE Regimen on your body. Many customers use SOOTHE products on their neck, chest and hands. These non-facial areas are also often visibly red and susceptible to environmental aggressors.
If your skin is excessively oily we recommend to try the following:
- In the morning, use SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash, apply SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment, skip SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream and layer SOOTHE Calming Lotion SPF 15.
- In the evening, cleanse with SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash, follow with SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment and if the skin feels dry, apply the SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream as the last step.
Emulsifiers allow rich oils to be combined with aqueous ingredients creating elegant creams and lotions. Emulsifiers are widely used, but for those with sensitive skin, they can trip the inflammatory cascade. With RF COLD FISSION technology, we’re able to give sensitive skin the ingredients it needs in an elegant formulation without the emulsifying ingredients that can cause irritation.
Those with chronic sensitivity that results in skin reacting to common environmental stressors may need to be on the SOOTHE Regimen indefinitely. However, if your sensitivity is more occasional than chronic, you may be able to tolerate other products once you have kept your sensitive skin under control for at least 60 days. Before making any changes, we recommend you test the products using the following instructions for three days, three times a day:
1. Apply a small amount of the product on your jawline or neck. If you’re testing a cleanser, apply it for 30 seconds, and then rinse it off.
2. Apply each product on a separate area. When you test again, reapply the products in the same area as originally applied.
3. Watch for any signs of redness, dryness, irritation or swelling.
If you’ve determined your skin is less reactive, you may begin adding a new Regimen to your skincare routine every other day, building up to daily usage.
For best results we recommend using the complete SOOTHE Regimen. Skipping any one step can minimise results.
With your first use, SOOTHE Regimen will help relieve your skin of dryness and visible redness.
In a four week clinical study, participants with sensitive skin achieved the following results: *
• Visible redness: 56% reduction after 5 minutes and 67% reduction after two weeks
• Dryness: 79% reduction after 5 minutes and 74% reduction after two weeks
*Clinical data only includes the use of SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment. Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.
Sensitive skin is a common concern. We created SOOTHE Regimen for anyone exhibiting signs of sensitive skin. This daily system calms skin against environmental aggressors, helps fortify skin’s natural moisture barrier, reduces visible redness and soothes skin, so that you can take comfort in having a healthy-looking, luminous complexion every day.
If you have excessively sensitive skin, we do not recommend using REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum. We recommend SOOTHE Regimen for anyone exhibiting these signs of sensitive skin. This daily system helps calm skin against environmental aggressors, helps fortify skin’s natural moisture barrier and reduces visible redness, so that you can take comfort in having a healthy-looking, luminous complexion every day. However, after using SOOTHE Regimen for 30 days, you can patch test REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum and possibly begin using it. Apply REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum after SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash and before SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment. Start with twice a week and increase as tolerated.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact our product experts at RF Connection AU for more information about Rodan + Fields® skincare in Australia.