- Yes, the UNBLEMISH Regimen contains Vitamin E in the UNBLEMISH Shine-Free Lotion, which contains Tocopheryl Acetate.
- Yes, the SPOTLESS Regimen contains Vitamin E in the SPOTLESS Acne Clearing Treatment, which contains Tocopherol.
No, the UNBLEMISH Regimen and SPOTLESS Regimens do not contain nuts.
No, the UNBLEMISH Regimen and SPOTLESS Regimens do not contain gluten.
We recommend that a woman who is pregnant or nursing confer with her doctor about her current products and before making any change to her skincare routine.
You should be able to continue using the UNBLEMISH Regimen prior to lip or facial waxing unless skin is dry or irritated. Under these circumstances, we recommend layering a moisturizer over the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment and to re-schedule your appointment.
You may use the UNBLEMISH Regimen to address body acne as well. Ramp up as directed to twice a day as needed to control acne breakouts on the body. When using the UNBLEMISH Regimen on the body, apply a lightweight moisturizer if skin feels dry. Because Benzoyl Peroxide can bleach fabrics, opt instead for white clothing, linens and towels.
- UNBLEMISH Regimen helps control the acne cycle and mitigating potential post-acne marks. The Clarifying Toner and Dual Intensive Acne Treatment help reduce the appearance of redness with Allantoin and Niacinimide. The redness indicates post-acne skin trauma and can appear brown on those with richer skin tones.
- For anyone concerned with post-acne marks it is imperative that a sunscreen be used every day and re-applied as directed. We suggest using UNBLEMISH Shine Free Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 20, which is a lightweight sunscreen, designed specifically for acne-prone skin, to help reduce the appearance of oily skin and defend against UVA/UVB rays.
- You can also apply DERMACOSMETICS Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid Broad Spectrum SPF for additional coverage. This product is non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and oil-free providing three forms of defense: environmental, barrier and photo (against UVA and UVB rays).
- Yes, if your skin is sensitive all of the time and breaks out a little or frequently we recommend that you use the SOOTHE Regimen and follow the directions to patch test prior to a full-face application of the products.
- We suggest this “patch test” for three days three times a day.
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser for 30 seconds, then rinse it off.
- Apply each product on a separate area and re-apply the products over themselves.
- Watch for a product reaction; redness, dryness, irritation, or swelling.
- Don’t re-introduce any products that irritate your skin.
- To address breakouts, we recommend substituting the UNBLEMISH Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash for the SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash in the morning 1-2 times a week increasing to every morning as tolerated if needed to manage your breakouts.
- Slight tightness or mild redness may indicate that your skin is adjusting to the ingredients in the skincare Regimen. This is a common occurrence and may last up to two weeks. If you experience dryness while using the UNBLEMISH Regimen, layer a moisturizer over UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment, such as SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment or SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream.
- To help even dry and oily areas we suggest applying ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Serum on clean dry skin then layering Acne Clearing Treatment. This oil-free light-weight hydrating formula balances out dry and oily areas.
- Yes, your skin my need hydration! Benzoyl Peroxide could cause the skin to feel dry or dehydrated. Sometimes this may signal an increase in oil production. To help even dry and oily areas we suggest applying ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Serum on clean dry skin at night then layering Acne Clearing Treatment. This oil-free light-weight hydrating formula balances out dry and oily areas.
- Finally, ENHANCEMENTS Mineral Peptides SPF 20 helps to mattify skin and is a multi-benefit treatment that protects skin from damaging sun rays while providing anti-aging benefits. Soothes skin and provides sun protection while light-deflecting minerals immediately create a more even-toned complexion and reduces the appearance of skin redness. The lightweight, complexion-enhancing formula is ideal for all skin types and conditions and can be used with any Rodan + Fields Regimen.
- You can also apply DERMACOSMETICS Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid Broad Spectrum SPF. This product is non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and oil-free providing three forms of defense: environmental, barrier and photo (against UVA and UVB rays).
- The UNBLEMISH Regimen was designed to be used twice a day to address acne and visible signs of aging.
- Initially we prefer that the UNBLEMISH Regimen be used in the morning so that you can observe your skin during the day for product compatibility purposes. If you notice dryness, we recommend applying a moisturizer. If you discover any red areas or irritation, we recommend rinsing off the products and applying a gentle moisturizer.
- Follow the directions to use the UNBLEMISH products every other morning, then ramp up usage as directed in the brochure.
- When breakouts are under control you may add either REDEFINE or REVERSE (US Brightening) Regimen.
- However, if breakouts flare up, return to using the UNBLEMISH twice daily as directed until skin is clear then return to using the other Regimen in the evening.
- Avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by these products containing Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Begin the UNBLEMISH Regimen slowly in order to let skin acclimate. Follow the schedule below for best results.
- Your skin will need approximately three weeks to adjust to the medicinal ingredients. During the first three weeks, use a gentle cleanser, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen when not using the Regimen. Avoid all chemical peels, mechanical brushes, or micro-dermabrasion.
- If redness and/or irritation occur, take a break from the Regimen for two to three days. During this time, we recommend using gentle, calming products that reduce visible redness such as those in the SOOTHE Regimen.
- If your skin becomes clear of blemishes at week two or three, you may continue with that schedule and not advance to twice a day. However, if you begin to break out, simply continue to advance to twice daily as directed and tolerated.
- If skin begins to feel tight or dry, layer in R+F Active Hydration Serum to add instant hydration to skin. Use after tonight, before Step 3.
- Once skin has acclimated to the UNBLEMISH Regimen, add in REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum at night after the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment for greater anti-aging benefits.
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure,use a sunscreen re-applying every 2 hours when outdoors and after swimming or perspiring, and wear protective clothing, sunglasses and sun hats.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips, nostrils and mouth. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product.
- Skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur when using another topical acne product at the same time. If irritation occurs, stop using the UNBLEMISH products and use gentle products including a moisturizer until the skin calms down.
- After removing your make-up, use fingertips and gently massage the size of a flat quarter of the Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash on damp skin avoiding the eye area. Keep eyes closed and rinse thoroughly making sure to remove wash from nasal folds and under the chin. Dry thoroughly with a clean white towel.
- Place 10-15 drops of Clarifying Toner onto the ESSENTIALS Gauze Pad and wipe over the entire face avoiding the eye area.
- Dispense 1-2 pumps from each side of the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment onto fingertips then blend the two formulations thoroughly and evenly apply a thin layer over the entire face avoiding the eyes, lips, and mouth areas.
- In the morning, apply an even layer of Shine Free Lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 20 over the entire face.
- Wash hands but do not rinse product off face.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen products were not designed to be used as a spot treatment. You have over 10,000 pores on your face and anyone has pimple potential! Chasing the blemish you see today is too little too late. This blemish has been forming beneath your skin for weeks before it pops up! Whether you break out constantly or once a month, you need a full-face regimen to help clear blemishes and to keep your skin clear.
Begin by removing any make up. Then use the Regimen as directed beginning once every other day and ramping up as directed and tolerated to twice daily.
Begin the UNBLEMISH Regimen slowly in order to let skin acclimate. Follow the schedule below to ramp up for best results:
An allergy to oral sulfur medications like Bactrim, Septra, Trimethoprim or Sulfamethoxazole does not necessarily predispose someone to be allergic to topical sulfur medications. If you are concerned about an allergy, first speak with your doctor and then (with their approval), try a sensitivity patch test before beginning to use UNBLEMISH Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash as follows:
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser on your jawline for 30 seconds, and then rinse it off.
- Repeat this process three times a day in the same area as originally applied, for three days.
- Watch for any signs of redness, dryness, irritation or swelling.
If you determine you are sensitive to UNBLEMISH Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash, discontinue use and substitute SPOTLESS Daily Acne Wash for your cleansing step.
You can still benefit from the UNBLEMISH Regimen by replacing Step 3 UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment with SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment (commonly referred to as Soothe Step 2). This product features RFp3 Peptide Technology that works at the skin’s surface to neutralize triggers and pacify skin. It’s clinically tested to help reduce the visible redness common in acne-prone skin. To use this skincare Regimen, please follow the usage instructions provided for the UNBLEMISH Regimen.
The shelf life for products is approximately two years from the date of manufacture, provided they are not exposed to extremes of temperature or light, such as storing them in front of a window.
All of our products undergo rigorous stability testing to ensure their efficacy and quality. Products at our distribution center are replenished on a monthly basis. In your home, do not expose the products to extreme temperatures or light and use the products as directed to achieve guaranteed results.
Yes, the Unblemish Regimen is a Multi-Med Therapy Regimen specifically designed to clear adult acne and improve visible signs of aging. Skin-nourishing ingredients, such as Colloidal Sulfur, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Vitamins B5, B3 and C help soothe, condition and brighten adult acne-prone skin, while physical and chemical exfoliators help enhance skin cell turnover to address the visible signs of aging.
- Multi-Med Therapy: Our Acne Regimens build on our Multi-Med Therapy approach (right combination of ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order) to provide complete Acne solutions. Our products are clinically tested and demonstrated to work together to treat and help prevent future breakouts from forming.
- Exclusive Technology: Our Acne Regimens utilize exclusive technologies and formulas. The UNBLEMISH Regimen takes a different approach more appropriate for aging skin. While extremely effective in treating acne, Benzoyl Peroxide in many acne treatments is often too strong for adult skin – irritating skin and making the signs of aging more visible on the skin. UNBLEMISH leverages a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that harnesses the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation.
- Revolutionary Formulations: It is not just ingredients, but formulations that determine product efficacy. The right formulation can dramatically improve ingredient performance and impact results. We are focused on ensuring our formulas maximize efficacy and provide the real results you expect from R+F.
- For children under the age of 13, please see your pediatrician and show them the ingredient list.
- The UNBLEMISH Regimen gently and effectively treats adult acne, while tackling visible signs of aging.
- The SPOTLESS Regimen is specifically designed for teens and young adults with mild to moderate acne, whose primary skin concerns are acne and oily skin. If you have any concerns about a younger child using SPOTLESS Regimen share the ingredient list with the Pediatrician before use. The SPOTLESS Regimen is designed for younger, more resilient skin. This is why we recommend the UNBLEMISH Regimen, which was designed specifically for adult skin.
Cystic acne is typically considered severe acne. While the product itself has been used on cystic acne with success, it falls outside the scope of the US FDA acne monograph. We recommend that you see a dermatologist, and if the dermatologist advises to use OTC treatments, UNBLEMISH is a perfect fit.
UNBLEMISH Regimen provides treatment for mild to moderate adult acne, including acne blemishes, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.
When used twice a day consistently, UNBLEMISH helps treat and prevent acne, unclogs pores, and minimizes visible signs of aging.
UNBLEMISH: IMMEDIATE + LONGTERM RESULTS
Adult acne participants in an 8-week study saw clearer, smoother, radiant skin with results that keep getting better overtime.*
ACNE: Percent who achieved visible improvement in acne concerns:
- Acne – After 1 week: 72%†
- Acne – After 4 weeks: 94%†
- Oiliness – After 8 weeks: 97%
ANTI-AGING: Percent who achieved visible improvement in aging concerns after 8 weeks:
- Smoothness: 97%
- Radiance and Clarity: 74%
- Even Skin Tone: 68%
- Plumpness and Fullness: 61%
* Based on an 8-week U.S. clinical and consumer study of twice-daily use of UNBLEMISH Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash, Clarifying Toner and Dual Intensive Acne Treatment. Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.
†Percent of subjects showing improvement in total acne counts.
The updated UNBLEMISH Regimen designed for adult acne and visible signs of aging. It is a four-step skincare system that gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Step 1: Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash – NEW
- Salicylic Acid with gentle exfoliators and Colloidal Sulfur unclog pores
- Removes excess oil and helps clear blemishes
- Step 2: Clarifying Toner – Reformulated
- Mild Alpha-hydroxy Acids help brighten skin and minimize the appearance of pores
- Step 3: Dual Intensive Acne Treatment – Reformulated
- Unique dual-chamber system delivers 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to help clear and prevent blemishes
- Skin-nourishing ingredients hydrate and reduce visible redness
- Step 4: Shine Free Lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen – NEW
- Helps control shine as it defends against UVA/UVB rays
- This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen clears adult acne and improves visible signs of aging. This complete skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields believe that Benzoyl Peroxide is the best ingredient to treat mild to moderate acne, as it attacks acne bacteria without causing resistance. While effective in treating acne, Benzoyl Peroxide is a very potent, oxidizing ingredient that can be irritating and can cause skin to show the visible signs of aging more rapidly. Rodan + Fields developed a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that stabilizes and activates the Benzoyl Peroxide molecule and adds skin-nourishing ingredients, making it possible to harness the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation for adult skin.
- The newly reformulated UNBLEMISH Regimen features breakthrough formulas with Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid to clear current blemishes, help prevent clog pores and reduce visible redness caused by acne, while preventing new breakouts. Skin-nourishing ingredients, such as Colloidal Sulfur, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Vitamins B5, B3 and C help soothe, condition and brighten adult acne-prone skin, while physical and chemical exfoliators help enhance skin cell turnover to address the visible signs of aging. This multi-tasking approach will leave adults with acne looking and feeling clearly confident.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen has been reformulated, so all four products within the current UNBLEMISH Regimen have been retired and replaced with new formulas.
The Regimen has been reformulated to be even better tailored to adult skin. The regimen now tackles visible signs of aging, helps visibly smooth skin, evens skin tone and visibly plumps and firms skin. The Regimen specifically treats adult acne and visible signs of aging and provides clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Step 1: Based on customer feedback requesting exfoliation, enhanced anti-aging benefits and more effective removal of dirt and oil, we reformulated the Step 1 Wash. The NEW Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash now contains Salicylic Acid and gentle exfoliators to deliver enhanced cleansing and exfoliation for an even deeper clean into pores and increased skin cell turnover. The wash also now contains a gentler form of Sulfur (Colloidal Sulfur) to help soothe skin and reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation
- Steps 2 & 3: We made slight modifications to the toner and, treatment so they could be sold globally, but the textures, benefits and user experience are very similar to the previous formulas.
- Step 4: We reformulated the SPF to provide enhanced mattifying benefits and reduce the appearance of shine. The formula is now also able to be sold globally.
The steps in the UNBLEMISH Regimen build on our Multi-Med Therapy approach (right combination of ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order) to provide complete Acne solutions. Our products are clinically tested and demonstrated to work together to treat and help prevent future breakouts from forming.
Adult skin is complex and has unique needs. Adults who are dealing with acne concerns also experience aging concerns such as dullness, discoloration or and sensitivity. Our UNBLEMISH Regimen was reformulated to ensure that adults with acne are given the best solution for their complex skin concerns surrounding adult acne and tackling visible signs of aging.
UNBLEMISH Regimen is specifically designed for adults with mild to moderate acne, who also have other skin concerns, such as visible signs of aging, loss of firmness, uneven tone and texture, discoloration, dullness, enlarged pores, or sensitivity. The ingredients are specifically chosen and the formulas are developed to address the wide variety of additional adult skin concerns.
This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen clears adult acne and improves visible signs of aging. This complete 4-step skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
Both SPOTLESS and UNBLEMISH are powered by Rodan + Fields proprietary Multi-Med Therapy, full face approach to effectively combat the entire acne cycle (treating existing clogged pores, managing excessive sebum, blemishes and acne flare-ups, while preventing new ones from forming in the future).
However, the age and condition of skin affects how the Doctors approach the treatment of acne.
Teen and young adult skin tends to be oiler, have clustered breakouts in the T-zone and is more tolerant of stronger delivery of acne medications, such as Benzoyl Peroxide. Adult skin tends to be less resilient and more sensitive with age and in need of gentler approaches to treating acne. The skin is dryer, and breakouts present on the chin and possibly cheek area often as painful bumps. Adults who suffer from acne are also battling other aging concerns (including slower skin cell turnover, compromised moisture barrier, reduction in collagen and elastin) all of which lead to skin being less resilient and more sensitive.
The SPOTLESS Regimen is specifically designed for teens and young adults to fight acne and control oil. It is only 2 steps – a cleanser and a treatment – meaning it’s easy to use. This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen addresses acne and prevents new blemishes from forming starting day 1. Our proprietary breakthrough BPO2 Technology achieves maximum efficacy with minimal irritation. It delivers more oxygen and Benzoyl Peroxide to the pores, killing acne bacteria and preventing new blemishes from forming. Just 2 steps in 2 minutes for clear skin.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen is a Multi-Med Therapy Regimen specifically designed to gently and effectively clear adult acne, prevent new blemishes from forming and improve visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
Teen skin is very different from adult skin. While acne is the primary skin concern for teens, adults who suffer from acne are also battling aging concerns that need to be considered when treating acne. Our acne Regimens are tailored to the appropriate age groups based on key skin differences and different delivery methods of Benzoyl Peroxide and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
Genetics, hormones and age influence the type and location of acne that 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 experience. Skin and skincare needs change substantially over time. For some, their skin will change with time and their concerns shift from acne to aging. Adults can experience cyclical breakouts as their hormone ratios change due to natural aging processes. Women especially can continue to suffer from acne for 20+ years.