Acne is the skin condition most frequently diagnosed by dermatologists and affects nearly 85% of teens and young adults and up to 40% of adults. Dermatology-inspired and clinically tested, this clarifying mask will unclog pores and reduce excess oil after just one use and help prevent blemishes from forming for clearer skin over time.
Unlike other masks, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask not only offers immediate improvement you can see and feel, but also even more results over time. Dermatology-inspired and clinically tested, this clarifying mask will unclog pores and reduce excess oil after just one use and help prevent blemishes from forming for clearer skin over time.
Rodan + Fields has launched one Face Mask for each skin concern, including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, dullness and uneven skin tone, acne and breakouts and sensitivity and redness.
You should purchase the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask if you are concerned about the manifestations of the acne cycle, including blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads and oily skin.
The Doctors and the team of scientists at Rodan + Fields developed the UNBELMISH Clarifying Mask so users could experience instant benefits and even more results over time AND address additional skin concerns outside of their primary Regimen or boost the results of their existing routine.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be paired with the REDEFINE, REVERSE and SOOTHE Regimens to address acne and occasional breakouts or paired with the UNBLEMISH and SPOTLESS Regimens for even more results.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is a Sulfur Clay face mask that reduces excess oil and balances your skin in just 10 minutes. Plus, it helps prevent acne breakouts, resulting in clearer skin over time.
- After removing your make-up, use fingertips and gently massage the size of a flat quarter of the Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash on damp skin avoiding the eye area. Keep eyes closed and rinse thoroughly making sure to remove wash from nasal folds and under the chin. Dry thoroughly with a clean white towel.
- Place 10-15 drops of Clarifying Toner onto the ESSENTIALS Gauze Pad and wipe over the entire face avoiding the eye area.
- Dispense 1-2 pumps from each side of the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment onto fingertips then blend the two formulations thoroughly and evenly apply a thin layer over the entire face avoiding the eyes, lips, and mouth areas.
- In the morning, apply an even layer of Shine Free Lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 20 over the entire face.
- Wash hands but do not rinse product off face.
Begin by removing any make up. Then use the Regimen as directed beginning once every other day and ramping up as directed and tolerated to twice daily.
Begin the UNBLEMISH Regimen slowly in order to let skin acclimate. Follow the schedule below to ramp up for best results:
- Multi-Med Therapy: Our Acne Regimens build on our Multi-Med Therapy approach (right combination of ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order) to provide complete Acne solutions. Our products are clinically tested and demonstrated to work together to treat and help prevent future breakouts from forming.
- Exclusive Technology: Our Acne Regimens utilize exclusive technologies and formulas. The UNBLEMISH Regimen takes a different approach more appropriate for aging skin. While extremely effective in treating acne, Benzoyl Peroxide in many acne treatments is often too strong for adult skin – irritating skin and making the signs of aging more visible on the skin. UNBLEMISH leverages a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that harnesses the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation.
- Revolutionary Formulations: It is not just ingredients, but formulations that determine product efficacy. The right formulation can dramatically improve ingredient performance and impact results. We are focused on ensuring our formulas maximize efficacy and provide the real results you expect from R+F.
- This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen clears adult acne and improves visible signs of aging. This complete skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields believe that Benzoyl Peroxide is the best ingredient to treat mild to moderate acne, as it attacks acne bacteria without causing resistance. While effective in treating acne, Benzoyl Peroxide is a very potent, oxidizing ingredient that can be irritating and can cause skin to show the visible signs of aging more rapidly. Rodan + Fields developed a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that stabilizes and activates the Benzoyl Peroxide molecule and adds skin-nourishing ingredients, making it possible to harness the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation for adult skin.
- The newly reformulated UNBLEMISH Regimen features breakthrough formulas with Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid to clear current blemishes, help prevent clog pores and reduce visible redness caused by acne, while preventing new breakouts. Skin-nourishing ingredients, such as Colloidal Sulfur, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Vitamins B5, B3 and C help soothe, condition and brighten adult acne-prone skin, while physical and chemical exfoliators help enhance skin cell turnover to address the visible signs of aging. This multi-tasking approach will leave adults with acne looking and feeling clearly confident.
This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen clears adult acne and improves visible signs of aging. This complete 4-step skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
Both SPOTLESS and UNBLEMISH are powered by Rodan + Fields proprietary Multi-Med Therapy, full face approach to effectively combat the entire acne cycle (treating existing clogged pores, managing excessive sebum, blemishes and acne flare-ups, while preventing new ones from forming in the future).
However, the age and condition of skin affects how the Doctors approach the treatment of acne.
Teen and young adult skin tends to be oiler, have clustered breakouts in the T-zone and is more tolerant of stronger delivery of acne medications, such as Benzoyl Peroxide. Adult skin tends to be less resilient and more sensitive with age and in need of gentler approaches to treating acne. The skin is dryer, and breakouts present on the chin and possibly cheek area often as painful bumps. Adults who suffer from acne are also battling other aging concerns (including slower skin cell turnover, compromised moisture barrier, reduction in collagen and elastin) all of which lead to skin being less resilient and more sensitive.
The SPOTLESS Regimen is specifically designed for teens and young adults to fight acne and control oil. It is only 2 steps – a cleanser and a treatment – meaning it’s easy to use. This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen addresses acne and prevents new blemishes from forming starting day 1. Our proprietary breakthrough BPO2 Technology achieves maximum efficacy with minimal irritation. It delivers more oxygen and Benzoyl Peroxide to the pores, killing acne bacteria and preventing new blemishes from forming. Just 2 steps in 2 minutes for clear skin.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen is a Multi-Med Therapy Regimen specifically designed to gently and effectively clear adult acne, prevent new blemishes from forming and improve visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
Teen skin is very different from adult skin. While acne is the primary skin concern for teens, adults who suffer from acne are also battling aging concerns that need to be considered when treating acne. Our acne Regimens are tailored to the appropriate age groups based on key skin differences and different delivery methods of Benzoyl Peroxide and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
Genetics, hormones and age influence the type and location of acne that 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 experience. Skin and skincare needs change substantially over time. For some, their skin will change with time and their concerns shift from acne to aging. Adults can experience cyclical breakouts as their hormone ratios change due to natural aging processes. Women especially can continue to suffer from acne for 20+ years.
Dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields know that genetics, hormone levels, and stress can spike acne at any age. Acne occurs when sebum and dead skin cells block or clog pores, creating an environment where oxygen cannot get into the pore and bacteria can quickly reproduce becoming active. Historically Acne has been viewed as a bacterial disease where if you had acne causing bacteria you were going to get acne. BUT, it turns out, everyone has the bacteria that could potentially cause acne whether you breakout or not.
Think of your skin as being made up of many micro-environments or microbiomes that require good and bad bacteria to function. As long as the good to bad bacteria are balanced, your microbiome is balanced, and skin stays beautiful and healthy.
But, when your hormones fluctuate it can cause an increase in oil production that combines with dirt and dead skin cells to block your pores. Once that pore gets blocked it causes a decrease in the amount of oxygen into the skin which causes a surge in bad bacteria, throwing your microbiome out of whack. This imbalance causes your skin to react with inflammation, triggering the start of the acne cycle and the formation of acne beneath the surface of your skin.
The result is inflammation and infection that leads to various levels of acne severity based on one’s unique skin.
Acne can take many forms such as:
- Blackheads – clogged pore that is open (open comedone) to the air and the oil becomes oxidized (causing it to turn “grey to black” or dark in appearance)
- Whiteheads – clogged pore that is closed with skin cells covering (closed comedone in a non-oxidized/anaerobic environment)
- Papules and pustules (raised, red/yellow bumps) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria has entered and inflammation results and begins to spread
- Nodules (larger, deeper bumps) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria proliferates and inflammation is present
- Cystic acne (large, red, painful bumps that often spread; also, very deep in skin) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria proliferates and inflammation forms and often spreads
NOTE: The information provided in this section is specific to Canada.
Acne is not curable but it can be controlled, and the right acne regimen may prevent new blemishes from forming. If the UNBLEMISH Regimen is helping to clear your skin, stay on it. There is no limit to the length of time you can use the UNBLEMISH Regimen. If you discontinue the UNBLEMISH Regimen, your blemishes are likely to return because the causes may be hormonal and genetic, among other reasons.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact our product experts at RF Connection CA for more information about Rodan + Fields® skincare in Canada.