NOTE: The information provided in this section is specific to the U.S.
There is no limit to how long you can use the REVERSE Brightening Regimen. However, once you have addressed your dullness and/or discoloration concerns, you may choose to transition to another Rodan + Fields Regimen if you have additional skincare concerns. Frequently, REVERSE customers choose to transition to our REDEFINE Regimen for the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but may transition back to REVERSE as needed.
Based on our clinical studies using REVERSE Lightening Regimen,* visible improvements in skin texture and luminosity can be seen after just one use. With continued use, this combination is clinically proven to lighten unwanted pigmentation, to provide even-looking skin tone, and brighten the overall complexion for a more radiant, luminous appearance.
In a clinical study, participants using the REVERSE Lightening Regimen reported seeing the following results after eight weeks of use.
- 98% experienced an improvement in brightness
- 90 % experienced an improvement in smoothness and skin texture
- 90 % experienced an improvement in age spots and evenness of skin tone
*Product only available in the U.S.
For best results, follow these steps:
1. In the evening, remove makeup with a non-oily makeup-removing cloth (such as REDEFINE Eye Cloths). Cleanse with REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash.
2. Divide face into sections (forehead, right side, left side, chin, nose and neck) and with moderate and comfortable pressure, roll the AMP MD Micro-Exfoliating Roller over each section 4-10 times, changing directions with each pass: vertically, horizontally, in a diagonal from upper left to lower right and in a diagonal from upper right to lower left.
3. After rolling, apply REDEFINE ACUTE CARE for Expression Lines as directed. Skin must be completely clean and dry before you apply ACUTE CARE. Do not use any leave-on products underneath ACUTE CARE, including eye cream or toner.
4. Layer REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex* to entire face and neck. It will dry down in approximately 45 seconds.
5. Apply moisturizer as needed, staying at least ¼ inch away from ACUTE CARE.
*REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex contains a healthy dose of Retinol to smooth the appearance of lines. For further benefits, you may then layer REDEFINE Night Renewing Serum, which contains Retinol and peptides.
For best results, follow these steps:
1. In the evening, remove makeup with a non-oily makeup-removing cloth (such as REDEFINE Eye Cloths). Cleanse your face with REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash, rinse and pat dry. Skin must be completely clean and dry before you apply ACUTE CARE. Do not use any leave-on products underneath ACUTE CARE, including eye cream.
2. Tear open the pouch and remove ACUTE CARE from the transparent container. Carefully remove the white protective film and do not touch the delicate microstructure. For best results, use immediately after opening.
3. Position ACUTE CARE over the wrinkle area and press the adhesive gently against relaxed skin (do not stretch the skin). Gently press to activate cones and smooth out any bubbles.
4. Follow with the rest of the REVERSE nighttime Regimen, staying at least ¼ inch away from ACUTE CARE.
The REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex is developed and clinically tested with the REVERSE Regimen products: Deep Exfoliating Wash, Intensive Brightening Toner and Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen. For best results, use the complete REVERSE Regimen as directed. Each step builds upon the previous to address every aspect of brown spots, dullness and discoloration. Used in combination, the formulations provide exfoliation, skin brightening and broad spectrum sun protection. Skipping any step could hinder achieving maximum results.
We recommend that you use mild cleansers, moisturizers and sunscreens as you ramp up to using the REVERSE Regimen twice a day. Avoid other products containing retinols, alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic, or any scrubs and mechanical brushes, as these can result in irritation. The SOOTHE Regimen is a good option.
People who use REVERSE Regimen to address the appearance of unwanted pigmentation, help even and brighten overall look of skin tone, as well as reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, may also enjoy REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream, Eye Cloths, Lip Renewing Serum and Overnight Restorative Cream. If you have built up to twice-a-day usage of REVERSE Brightening Regimen, you can introduce REDEFINE AMP MD Micro-Exfoliating Roller. We do not recommend using the AMP MD with REVERSE Lightening Regimen.
It’s not just your face that shows the effects of environmental aging, so don’t stop at your neck when applying REVERSE. Make sure to continue onto your décolleté to visibly brighten any unwanted pigmentation. However, be aware that the skin is more delicate in areas such as the neck and décolleté, and you may need to reduce the frequency of use. The REVERSE Regimens may also be used on hands and arms.
Regardless of your skin type or condition, we strongly advise against the practice of sun tanning or using a tanning bed. Both are known to increase the risk of skin cancer and premature aging of the skin. When attempting to reduce the appearance of dull skin and brown spots with either REVERSE Regimen, it is especially important to apply and reapply REVERSE Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen as directed.
Retinol and Vitamin C are both powerful anti-aging skincare ingredients. In our eight week independent study, 60% of participants saw an improvement in the appearance of their fine lines and wrinkles.
Pure Vitamin C and Retinol are highly effective brightening ingredients. However, their activity makes each ingredient tricky to work with on its own and virtually impossible to incorporate them together into the same formulation. We created REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex featuring a Vitamin C formula in one tube and a stable Retinol formula in a separate tube. Mixing these two formulations together immediately before application ensures skin brightening activity. The results are well worth removing the extra cap as Retinol also helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Visible brown spots on the skin’s surface indicate more damage below. We developed the REVERSE Regimens to be a full-face solution to address both the visible signs of sun damage, as well as those less visible signs. In addition, using pigmentation-brightening products over the entire face avoids the “halo effect,” white rings around brown spots, resulting from only applying the products on the spots that you see.
After using REVERSE and obtaining the desired results, if you are extremely diligent about using broad spectrum sunscreen and limiting exposure to sun, you should be able to gradually fade the appearance of your brown spots and maintain your results. However, understand that a single day of unprotected sun exposure can virtually undo months of hard work. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen every day and reapply it every two hours when exposed to sunlight.
Yes. REVERSE is safe for use on all skin tones. Richer skin tones are more prone to unevenness due to pigmentation. The REVERSE Regimens are clinically proven to help visibly even skin tone to reveal your most radiant and natural complexion. Please visit the Rodan + Fields Solution Tool for a customized routine.
There is no limit to how long you can use the REVERSE Lightening Regimen. However, once you have addressed your dullness and/or discoloration concerns, you may choose to transition to another Rodan + Fields Regimen if you have additional skincare concerns. Frequently, REVERSE customers choose to transition to our REDEFINE Regimen for the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but may transition back to REVERSE as needed.
For best results use the complete REVERSE Regimen as directed. Each step of the REVERSE Regimen builds upon the previous step to address every aspect of brown spots, dullness and discoloration as well as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Used in combination, the formulations provide exfoliation, skin brightening and broad spectrum sun protection. Skipping any step could hinder achieving maximum results.
In a clinical study, participants using the REVERSE Brightening Regimen reported seeing the following results after eight weeks of use:
- 92% had visible improvements in brightness
- 92% reported a smoother skin texture
- 84% saw visible reduction in brown spots
- 76% saw improvement in uneven skin tone
- 60 % experienced a visible reduction in fine lines
Based on Multi-Med® Therapy, REVERSE Regimen is an effective, full-face solution that tackles the dullness, uneven skin tone, brown spots and other cumulative, telltale signs associated with sun exposure. It combines cosmetic and active-OTC ingredients to exfoliate dulling dead skin, address the appearance of unwanted pigmentation, helps even and brighten overall look of skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protects against further UV damage providing a long-term solution for a radiant complexion.
Please read the REVERSE Regimen brochure before using the REVERSE Regimen. It contains usage instructions for best results.
If your skin is sensitive we recommend you protect the skin’s surface with our SOOTHE Regimen. This Regimen is clinically proven to reduce redness and irritation in as little as five minutes.
REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash is a multi-mechanism exfoliator that simultaneously cleanses and helps to visibly refine sun damaged, blotchy complexions. Alpha hydroxy acids loosen old, dull skin cells as tiny beads effectively sweep them away. With a fresh, polished surface, skin appears brighter and prepped to receive the benefits of the rest of the REVERSE Regimen. This can be used daily.
ENHANCEMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is a salt and sugar combination in a high-glide, oil-free formula designed to promote maximum, gentle exfoliation. Use it two to three times per week in place of your cleanser to help improve skin tone and texture.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact our product experts at U.S. RF Connection for more information about Rodan + Fields skincare in the U.S.