Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex is a lightweight gel-cream formulated to visibly improve the dark circles, puffiness and general dullness associated with tired eyes. Bright Eye Complex delivers targeted hydration to the fragile under-eye area via R+F’s proprietary 3D3P Molecular Matrix which, combined with caffeine and nourishing phytonutrients, leaves eyes looking rested and refreshed.
The thin, fragile skin around the eyes is more likely to be the first place to show signs of stress and fatigue. These signs often appear as dark circles, puffiness, and/or dullness, which usually coincide with dehydrated skin. To address them, we created Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex using 3D3P Molecular Matrix and brightening illuminators to properly hydrate the eye area, diffuse discolouration and minimise puffy-looking skin. As a result, you will see a more radiant and a refreshed eye area.
Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex utilises R+F’s powerful 3D3P Molecular Matrix to help your delicate under-eye skin reach its optimal hydration level, visibly decreasing the look of dark under-eye circles and dryness. The hydrating power of the 3D3P Molecular Matrix also makes the under-eye skin more receptive to other ingredients, so we supercharged the formula with caffeine, phytonutrients and illuminating brighteners to visibly reduce puffiness and improve under-eye radiance.
Consumer participants reported noticeable improvements in just two weeks with even better results after four weeks.
After just four weeks of using Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex, consumer participants reported overall improvement in the appearance of:
- 93% brightness of the eye area
- 87% dark under-eye circles
- 91% under-eye puffiness
- 82% under-eye hydration
*Based on a 4-week US consumer study. Results may vary depending on multiples factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.
Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex is suitable for all skin types. This product is especially powerful for those with under-eye dark circles, puffiness, general dullness or dryness.
Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex and REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream feature different key ingredients and are specially formulated to address different eye area concerns.
- Bright Eye Complex targets signs of stress and fatigue around the eyes, including the appearance of dark under-eye circles and puffiness. The product features R+F’s proprietary 3D3P Molecular Matrix, phytonutrients, caffeine and illuminating brighteners
- Multi-Function Eye Cream targets signs of ageing around the eyes, including the appearance of crow’s feet and fine lines. The formula features powerful Peptides, enriching moisturisers and optical brighteners.
You can find more detailed information on the product differences here.
Just like choosing a Rodan + Fields Regimen, choosing an eye product should be based on each individual’s skincare concerns.
- Customers most concerned with signs of ageing around the eyes, including the appearance of crow’s feet and under-eye firmness, should choose REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream.
- Those most concerned with signs of stress and fatigue around the eyes, including the appearance of dark circles and puffiness, should opt for ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex.
- Anyone concerned with both ageing and stressed eyes can use both products. Either ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex in the morning and REDEFINE Multi-
Function Eye Cream at night, or you can first apply Bright Eye Complex followed by a layer of Multi- Function Eye Cream.
Neither eye product is better than the other—the product you choose should be based on what’s best for your individual skincare needs.
Yes, if you have multiple eye area concerns—for example, both dark circles and crow’s feet—you can incorporate REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream and Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex into your skincare routine.
Anyone concerned with both ageing and stressed eyes can use both products. Either ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex in the morning and REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream at night, or you can first apply Bright Eye Complex followed by a layer of Multi-Function Eye Cream.
Use morning and night for maximum benefits. In the morning, after cleansing and toning the skin, gently apply a tear-drop sized amount of Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex to the under-eye area and allow product to dry prior to applying any additional products.
At night, remove makeup, cleanse and tone the skin then apply Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex onto dry skin. Allow it to dry prior to applying any additional products. You may use alone or layer REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream under the eye and over crow’s feet to additionally address the appearance of lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness.
Your eyes are the first place to show stress and fatigue. This is because the delicate area around the eye is the thinnest skin on your face and lacks sebaceous glands that protect this skin. The more fragile, dehydrated and thinner this skin is, the more it shows signs of tiredness since it is under constant exertion and exposure to the elements.
Dark circles, puffiness and ‘tired eyes’ inspired us to answer those needs with ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex.
Yes, the lightweight, fast-drying formula makes Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex ideal for applying underneath makeup. In fact, 93% of participants said Bright Eye Complex layered well with other skincare products and makeup in a two-week consumer study.
After cleansing and toning your face, use your ring finger to gently apply a small amount to the eye area in the morning and evening. Stay away from lashes and do not apply to the upper eye-lid. Allow Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex to dry then follow with the remaining Regimen products.
When used with the AMP MD Roller cleanse, tone, use the AMP MD Roller, apply Active Hydration Eye Bright Complex as directed and follow with the remaining skincare routine.
The skin around the eyes is the thinnest on the face and surrounds the fragile eye itself. Every eye area product needs to be tested and approved specifically by an ophthalmologist prior to usage for safety. Every Rodan + Fields eye product receives extensive testing to this end.
Other products, though safe and effective to be used where intended, are usually not tested to be used near the eye. At Rodan + Fields, safety and efficacy as well as customer satisfaction are our priorities when it comes to our products.
Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex has been tested by ophthalmologists and found to be safe for use around the eye and while wearing contacts.
Yes, Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex is oil-free and leaves skin soft and smooth with no oily residue or greasy feel.
We recommend that a woman who is pregnant or breastfeeding consult with her doctor about her current products and/or the use of cosmetic tools or before making any changes regarding her skincare routine. Providing the ingredient list will help inform the doctor.
Yes. Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex contains a small amount of a light fragrance.
Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex is specifically formulated to help with the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eye area while Active Hydration Serum is formulated for the rest of your face. If you use both products on their specified areas, you can maximise the benefits of R+F’s proprietary 3D3P Molecular Matrix technology.
To use the products together, after cleansing and toning (or after Step 1 of the SOOTHE Regimen) apply Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex as directed beneath the eyes over the orbital bone ridge on the lower lid and towards the eye but staying away from the lashes. Next, apply Active Hydration Serum over the face and onto the orbital bone. Follow with the remaining steps of your Regimen.
If used twice daily, Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex should last approximately two months.
Dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields know that genetics, hormone levels, and stress can spike acne at any age. Acne occurs when sebum and dead skin cells block or clog pores, creating an environment where oxygen cannot get into the pore and bacteria can quickly reproduce. When your hormones fluctuate it can cause an increase in oil production that combines with dirt and dead skin cells to block your pores. Once that pore gets blocked it causes a decrease in the amount of oxygen into the skin which causes a surge in bad bacteria, throwing your microbiome out of whack. This imbalance causes your skin to react with inflammation, triggering the start of the acne cycle and the formation of acne beneath the surface of your skin. The result is inflammation and infection that leads to various levels of acne severity based on one’s unique skin.
Acne can take many forms such as:
- Blackheads – clogged pore that is open to the air and the oil becomes oxidised (causing it to turn “grey to black” or dark in appearance)
- Whiteheads – clogged pore that is closed with skin cells covering
- Papules and pustules (raised, red/yellow bumps) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria have entered and inflammation results and begins to spread
- Nodules (larger, deeper bumps) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria proliferates and inflammation is present
- Cystic acne (large, red, painful bumps that often spread; also, very deep in skin) – closed, clogged pores where bacteria proliferates and inflammation forms and often spreads.
One of the most common misconceptions is that breakouts form overnight. In truth, the acne cycle begins days or even weeks before blemishes reach the skin’s surface. In fact, seeing a pimple is like witnessing the finale, not the beginning of the show.
The acne cycle starts when hormones trigger sebum (oil) production. The sebum combined with dead skin cells lead to clogged pores. When pores are blocked, oxygen can’t get in and acne bacteria can quickly reproduce. The result is inflamed acne blemishes.
Red/brown post-acne marks may appear because injured skin may turn red when the tone is fairer and appear brown when tone is richer in colour. Also, post-acne scars may surface as indentations on the skin, which are often described as ice pick scars. Therefore, it is important to address acne early because it is treatable and manageable which helps to minimise post-acne marks and scars.
When people have acne, they can experience low self-esteem, social withdrawal, and depression. Some carry this negative emotional baggage with them throughout their lives. Even mild acne can contribute to low self-esteem, self-consciousness, and poor body image. For adults, acne can be especially frustrating as adults are also dealing with skin aging concerns such as visible pores, fines lines and wrinkles, dryness and dull looking skin tone.
American Academy of Dermatology reports that nearly 85% of teens and young adults experience acne at some point in their lives.
Up to 40% of adults develop acne at one time or another during their adult years, with some suffering with it for up to twenty years.
All acne is triggered by a complex combination of factors, primarily genetics (your inherited predisposition to acne), hormones, environment, climate, stress and medications. However, teen skin is very different than adult skin. While acne is the primary skin concern for teens, adult skin is more complicated.
Most acne products treat individual pimples once they are visible on the skin’s surface. Rodan + Fields applies a revolutionary approach to break the acne cycle that addresses the whole face, by cleansing and drying out acne breakouts before they surface. There are 3 key revolutionary aspects to the Doctors’ approach to managing acne:
- Multi-Step Science: Our Acne Regimens build on our Multi-Step Science approach (right combination of ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order) to provide complete acne solutions. Our products are clinically tested and demonstrated to work together to manage and help prevent future breakouts from forming.
- Exclusive Technology: Our Acne Regimens utilise exclusive technologies and formulas.
- With SPOTLESS we uncovered a new way to deliver maximum Benzoyl Peroxide and Oxygen evenly across the skins surface, deep into pores to increase efficacy for teen and young adult skin. Our breakthrough BPO2 Technology works in an entirely new way providing results from Day 1.
- UNBLEMISH takes a different approach more appropriate for ageing skin. While extremely effective in managing acne, Benzoyl Peroxide in many acne treatments is often too strong for adult skin – irritating skin and making the signs of ageing more visible on the skin. UNBLEMISH leverages a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that harnesses the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation.
- Revolutionary Formulations: It is not just ingredients, but formulations that determine product efficacy. The right formulation can dramatically improve ingredient performance and impact results. We are focused on ensuring our formulas maximise efficacy and provide the real results you expect from R+F.
Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields believe that Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO) is the most effective way to address mild to moderate acne. However, BPO is a very potent, oxidising ingredient that can be drying and irritating which can cause skin to age more rapidly. In response, the Doctors found a proprietary way to stabilise and solubilise the molecule, allowing them to harness the power of BPO and oxygen with minimal potential for irritation. Our solubilised Benzoyl Peroxide is delivered differently in the UNBLEMISH and SPOTLESS formulations.
Teen skin is very different from adult skin and while acne is the primary skin concern for teens, adults who suffer from acne are also battling ageing concerns that need to be considered when treating acne. The Doctors have tailored their acne Regimens to the appropriate age groups based on key skin differences and different delivery methods of Benzoyl Peroxide and other key ingredients.
We use a Multi-Step Science approach to combat acne. Most acne products target individual pimples. The revolutionary Multi-Step Science approach breaks the acne cycle and addresses the whole face, by cleansing and drying out acne breakouts before they surface. Each Multi-Step Science solution is tailored to the appropriate age group to effectively tackle acne based on unique concerns. Multi-Step Science combines the right ingredients, in the right formulations, in the right order.
Teen skin is very different from adult skin. While acne is the primary skin concern for teens, adults who suffer from acne are also battling ageing concerns that need to be considered when managing acne. Our acne Regimens are tailored to the appropriate age groups based on key skin differences and different delivery methods of Benzoyl Peroxide and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
Genetics, hormones and age influence the type and location of acne that 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 experience. Skin and skincare needs change substantially over time. For some, their skin will change with time and their concerns shift from acne to ageing. Adults can experience cyclical breakouts as their hormone ratios change due to natural ageing processes. Women especially can continue to suffer from acne for 20+ years.
Both SPOTLESS and UNBLEMISH are powered by Rodan + Fields proprietary Multi-Step Science, full face approach to effectively combat the entire acne cycle (cleansing and exfoliating existing clogged pores, managing excessive sebum, blemishes and acne flare-ups, while preventing new ones from forming in the future).
However, the age and condition of skin affects how the Doctors approach the management of acne. Teen and young adult skin tends to be oiler, have clustered breakouts in the T-zone and is more tolerant of stronger delivery of acne products, such as Benzoyl Peroxide. Adult skin tends to be less resilient and more sensitive with age and in need of gentler approaches to managing acne. The skin is dryer, and breakouts present on the chin and possibly cheek area often as painful bumps. Adults who suffer from acne are also battling other ageing concerns (including slower skin cell turnover, compromised moisture barrier, reduction in collagen and elastin) all of which lead to skin being less resilient and more sensitive.
The SPOTLESS Regimen is specifically designed for teens and young adults to fight acne by exfoliation and reduce oil. It is only 2 steps – a cleanser and a treatment – meaning it’s easy to use. This Multi-Step Science Regimen addresses acne and prevents new blemishes from forming starting day 1. Our proprietary breakthrough BPO2 Technology achieves maximum efficacy with minimal irritation. It delivers more oxygen and Benzoyl Peroxide to clean pores and prevent new blemishes from forming. Just 2 steps in 2 minutes for clear skin.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen is a Multi-Step Science Regimen specifically designed to gently and effectively clear adult acne, prevent new blemishes from forming and improve visible signs of ageing. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
This Multi-Med Therapy Regimen clears adult acne while addressing visible signs of aging. This complete 4-step skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming and addresses visible signs of aging. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
UNBLEMISH Regimen is specifically designed for adults with mild to moderate acne, who also have other skin concerns, such as visible signs of aging, loss of firmness, uneven tone and texture, discolouration, dullness, enlarged pores, or sensitivity. The ingredients are specifically chosen, and the formulas are developed to address the wide variety of additional adult skin concerns.
Everyone’s skin is different and acne is complex. Rodan + Fields re-examined our recent formulations to ensure the UNBLEMISH Regimen was even better for a broad audience. We chose to update based on science and to best serve our customer’s requests while further increasing the regimen’s benefits.
We removed the exfoliating beads in Refining Acne Wash. Salicylic Acid gently exfoliates dead skin to clear congested pores. Colloidal Sulfur calms skin while balancing the over production of oil that clogs pores and causes breakouts and calms the skin.
Invisible Matte Defense SPF 15 is formulated to be invisible—just as it is named and does not clog pores or cause acne. This formula reduces shine, absorbs excess oil and feels weightless on the skin.
The Regimen has been reformulated to be even better tailored to adult skin. The Regimen now tackles visible signs of aging, helps visibly smooth skin, evens skin tone and visibly plumps and firms skin. The Regimen specifically treats adult acne and visible signs of aging and provides clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Refining Acne Wash: Based on customer feedback requesting exfoliation, enhanced anti-aging benefits and more effective removal of dirt and oil, we reformulated the Step 1 Wash. The NEW Refining Acne Wash contains Salicylic Acid to deliver enhanced cleansing and exfoliation for an even deeper clean into pores and increased skin cell turnover. The wash contains a gentler form of Sulfur (Colloidal Sulfur) to help soothe skin and reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation and balance the over production of oil that clogs pores and causes breakouts.
- Clarifying Toner and Dual Intensive Acne Treatment: Steps 2 + 3 have not changed for 2020.
- Invisible Matte Defense: We reformulated the SPF to provide enhanced mattifying benefits and provide a lasting shine free look. This invisible, weightless sunscreen evenly blends into all skin tones.
The steps in the UNBLEMISH Regimen build on our Multi-Med Therapy approach (right combination of ingredients, in the right formulations, applied in the right order) to provide complete Acne solutions. Our products are clinically tested and demonstrated to work together to treat and help prevent future breakouts from forming.
The UNBLEMISH Steps 1 and 4 has been reformulated and replaced with new and improved formulas. Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash and Shine-Free Lotion will be discontinued in March 2020.
UNBLEMISH clears adult acne by exfoliation and improves visible signs of ageing. This complete skincare system gently and effectively clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of ageing. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields believe that Benzoyl Peroxide is the best ingredient to treat mild to moderate acne. While effective in managing acne, Benzoyl Peroxide is a very potent, oxidising ingredient that can be irritating and can cause skin to show the visible signs of ageing more rapidly. Rodan + Fields developed a unique, proprietary dual-chamber delivery system that stabilises and activates the Benzoyl Peroxide molecule and adds skin-nourishing ingredients, making it possible to harness the power of Benzoyl Peroxide with minimal potential for irritation for adult skin.
The newly reformulated UNBLEMISH Regimen features breakthrough formulas with exfoliating Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid to clear current blemishes, help prevent clogged pores and reduce visible redness caused by acne, while preventing new breakouts. Skin-nourishing ingredients, such as Colloidal Sulfur, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Vitamins B5, and B3 and C help soothe, condition and brighten adult acne prone skin, while chemical exfoliators help enhance skin cell turnover to address the visible signs of ageing. This multi-tasking approach will leave adults with acne looking and feeling clearly confident.
The updated UNBLEMISH Regimen designed for adult acne and visible signs of ageing. It is a four-step skincare system that gently and effectively clears blemishes by cleansing and exfoliationg and prevents new ones from forming, while tackling visible signs of ageing. The result is clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
- Step 1: Refining Acne Wash- NEW
- Salicylic Acid gently exfoliates + unclogs pores and Colloidal Sulfur balances oil + calms skin.
- Step 2: Clarifying Toner – stays the same for 2020
- Mild Alpha-hydroxy Acids help brighten and even skin tone plus minimise the appearance of pores.
- Step 3: Dual Intensive Acne Treatment – Stays the same for 2020
- Unique dual-chamber system delivers 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to help clear and prevent blemishes.
- Skin-nourishing ingredients hydrate and reduce visible redness o Step 4: Invisible Matte Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – NEW.
- Non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic
- Reduces shine and absorbs excess oil
- Weightless Matte finish as it defends against UVA/UVB rays.
Acne can take weeks to form underneath the skin with multiple factors including hormonal changes and stress, leading to excess oil, dead skin and congested pores. This ultimately results in a pimple on the surface. The UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash combats the acne cycle right from the start by exfoliating and clearing pores from excess oil and debris to purify and minimise the formation of blemishes. Salicylic acid delivers chemical exfoliation to pores to gently slough away dead skin cells, preventing future breakouts caused by sebum buildup and clogged pores. Colloidal sulfur absorbs excess sebum. The wash works effectively to refine and purify skin without using harsh exfoliants or leaving the skin feeling dry or tight. The result is a consistently clear, radiant and balanced complexion.
The Colloidal Sulfur in UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash balances the over production of oil that clogs pores and causes breakouts and calms the skin. Other important benefits include helping to soothe skin and reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation making it a perfect choice for acne prone skin.
Rodan + Fields challenged their chemists to alter the formulation to deliver an even better aesthetic experience—invisibility! Invisible Matte Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is formulated with clear light weight ingredients that feels likes velvet, smooths skin and has a matte lasting shine-free look . This oil-free gel also absorbs excess oil and does not clog pores or cause acne and is dry to the touch and has a matte finish. As an extra bonus Invisible Matte Defense acts as a primer for those wanting a more flawless finish!
For an even more luminous complexion, layer Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid to deliver a beautiful finish to your skincare routine. The perfect finishing product as it is light weight, oil-free, does not clog pores or cause acne breakouts. Choose a natural-looking shade that provides buildable coverage. Apply as the last step of your skincare routine for a radiant, healthy-looking complexion.
Sun protection is very important to those with acne prone skin to help prevent post acne marks and scarring. However, many times sunscreens are avoided due to the fear of clogging pores and the misinformation that the sun clears acne.
UNBLEMISH Invisible Matte Defense SPF 15 is a Broad-Spectrum mattifying formula that is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores) and non-acnegenic (does not cause breakouts). The following ingredients:
- Smart Silica– condition dry skin and absorb sebum (oil) for a matte finish.
- Omega Fatty Acids – nourish skin and maintain skins natural moisture barrier.
- Mattifying Powders – reduce shine, blur wrinkles, imperfections and the appearance of oily areas.
Benefits for acne prone skin:
- Non comedogenic (does not clog pores) and non-acnegenic (does not cause breakouts).
- Minimises shiny, oily looking skin.
- Light-weight formula plus lasting shine free look helps balance dry and oily areas minimising shine.
- As an added bonus Invisible Matte defense can be used use as primer, minimising the appearance of pores, lines and uneven texture.
Yes, the UNBLEMISH Regimen is a Multi-Step Science Regimen specifically designed to clear adult acne and improve visible signs of ageing. Skin-nourishing ingredients, such as Colloidal Sulfur, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Vitamins B5 and B3 help soothe, condition and brighten adult acne-prone skin, while chemical exfoliators help enhance skin cell turnover to address the visible signs of ageing.
|PRODUCT||AGE-FIGHTING BENEFITS||PRODUCT DESCRIPTION|
Step 1 – REFINING
|Salicylic Acid helps exfoliate dead skin cells to improve texture and radiance, while helping ingredients penetrate pores to get to the surface of the skin to work even harder. Natural skin barrier conditioners help moisturise skin to leave it feeling soft and comfortable.||Uniquely formulated to be gentle yet exfoliating, this cleanser helps remove excess oil and helps clear current blemishes while preventing new ones from forming.
Step 2 –
|Mild Alpha-hydroxy Acids help brighten skin tone and
Hyaluronic Acid helps plump the appearance of skin.
|This water-light formula exfoliates, calms and soothes acne-prone adult skin, clearing away dead skin to help clear pores and brighten skin tone.|
Step 3 – DUAL
|Skin-nourishing ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid,
Pomegranate and Chamomile
Extracts to help visibly plump skin, calm visible redness and provide even-looking skin tone.
|This ultimate lightweight and effective acne-fighting and anti-ageing formula provides a clearer, more healthy-looking complexion while helping to moisturise and soothe skin.
Step 4 – INVISIBLE
SPECTRUM SPF 15
|Omega Fatty Acids nourish and maintain skin’s natural moisture barrier while mattifying powders reduce shine and blur the look of pores and imperfections.||This mattifying, invisible lotion is specifically for acne-prone skin to help minimise the look of oil and unwanted shine while protecting skin against harmful UV rays that can intensify the look of acne marks.|
Cystic acne is typically considered severe acne, and unfortunately cosmetic products tend not to be potent enough to effectively manage it. While some have seen some success with UNBLEMISH Regimen, we recommend that you see a dermatologist to determine if UNBLEMISH and/or other acne products be suitable for you.
As with any skin cleanser it is best to avoid eye contact to minimise eye irritation. Here are some best tips:
- Avoid applying UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash inside the bony process that surrounds the eye.
- Keep your eyes closed when gently massaging the wash or during rinsing.
- Utilise the shower to rinse off the wash whenever you can for a thorough cleansing.
- Keep a towel handy to grab while you keep your eyes closed.
- After removing your makeup, use fingertips and gently massage a thin, even layer of the Refining Acne Wash on damp skin avoiding the eye area. Keep eyes closed and rinse thoroughly making sure to remove wash from nasal folds and under the chin. Dry thoroughly with a clean white towel.
- Place 10-15 drops of Clarifying Toner onto the ESSENTIALS Gauze Pad and wipe over the entire face avoiding the eye area.
- Dispense 1-2 pumps from each side of the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment onto fingertips then blend the two formulations thoroughly and evenly apply a thin layer over the entire face avoiding the eyes, lips, and mouth areas.
- In the morning, apply an even layer of Invisible Matte Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 15 over the entire face.
- Wash hands but do not rinse product off face.
- Begin the UNBLEMISH Regimen slowly as directed, in order to let skin acclimate. Follow the schedule below for best results.
- When using the Wash, ensure you avoid the eye area and rinse well, keeping the eyes closed while washing. Keep your towel nearby and pat dry.
- Your skin will need approximately three weeks to adjust to the ingredients. During the first three weeks, use a gentle cleanser, toner, moisturiser and sunscreen when not using the Regimen. Avoid all chemical peels, mechanical brushes, or microdermabrasion.
- If redness and/or irritation occur, take a break from the Regimen for two to three days. During this time, we recommend using gentle, calming products that reduce visible redness such as those in the SOOTHE Regimen.
- If your skin becomes clear of blemishes at week two or three, you may continue with that schedule and not advance to twice a day. However, if you begin to break out, simply advance to twice daily as directed and tolerated.
- If skin begins to feel tight or dry, layer in R+F Active Hydration Serum to add instant hydration to skin. Use after Clarifying Toner, before Step 3.
- Once skin has acclimated to the UNBLEMISH Regimen, add in REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum at night after the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment for greater anti-ageing benefits.
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure, use the Invisible Matte Defense re-applying every 2 hours when outdoors and after swimming or perspiring, and wear protective clothing, sunglasses and sun hats.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips, nostrils and mouth. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product. o Skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur when using another topical acne product at the same time. If irritation occurs, stop using the UNBLEMISH products and use gentle products including a moisturiser until the skin calms down.
Yes, you may use the UNBLEMISH Regimen to address body acne as well. Ramp up as directed to twice a day as needed to control acne breakouts on the body. When using the UNBLEMISH Regimen on the body, apply a lightweight moisturiser if skin feels dry. Because Benzoyl Peroxide can bleach fabrics, opt instead for white clothing, linens and towels.
You should be able to continue using the UNBLEMISH Regimen prior to lip or facial waxing unless skin is dry or irritated. Always alert your Aesthetician of new products that you are using so that the correct hair removing treatment can be used.
If the skin is dry/irritated, we recommend layering a moisturiser over the Dual Intensive Acne Treatment and to re-schedule your appointment.
When used twice a day consistently, UNBLEMISH helps manage and prevent acne, unclogs pores, and minimises visible signs of ageing.
In an 8-week U.S clinical & consumer study, adult participants saw clearer, smoother, calmer and radiant skin with results that keep getting better overtime.
- ACNE: Percent who achieved visible improvement in acne concerns:
- Acne – After 8 weeks: 97%
- Oiliness – After 8 weeks: 93%
- Pores – After 8 weeks: 76%.
- ANTI-AGEING: Percent who achieved visible improvement in ageing concerns after 8 weeks:
- Smoothness: 93%
- Radiance: 83%
- Even Skin Tone: 83%
- Overall Healthy Appearance: 72%.
*Based on an 8-week U.S. clinical and consumer study of twice-daily use of UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash, Clarifying Toner and Dual Intensive Acne Treatment. Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.
Acne is unpredictable! And so are stressful situations and hormonal surges so sometimes breakouts are out of your control.
Consider adding the Pore Cleansing MD System as a professional-level pore cleansing at home. With the right suction and pressure this system removes bacteria, excess oil, and blackheads. Immediately you will see results – clears pores + restores a healthy, radiant-looking complexion. Pore Cleansing cleans deep into pores, removing blackheads quickly without pain or redness. If your skin is dry it can also have flakiness and lingering post acne marks.
Remember: Don’t use the Pore Tool on whiteheads and active acne lesions as picking/ popping pimples may lead to scarring.
Layer SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment over UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment to reduce visible redness, calms sensitive skin and moisturise dry, chapped skin.
RECHARGE Ultra Boost Moisturizing Treatment. This weightless, fast-absorbing gel cream replenishes the moisture barrier, + Electri5Complex boosts defenses to protect against visible signs of stress. Retains skin’s moisture throughout the day, for a natural evenness and glow. Non-comedogenic + non-acnegenic.
Use of UNBLEMISH will help control oil and reduce shine. If you have oily skin, the UNBLEMISH Regimen includes Invisible Matte Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 15 to reduce shine, absorb excess oil and dries to a light-weight matte finish.
The Invisible Matte Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is formulated especially for oily-prone skin but is not drying to other skin types. This lightweight gel helps to reduce the appearance of oily skin and defend against UVA/UVB rays.
- Slight tightness or mild redness may indicate that your skin is adjusting to the ingredients in the skincare Regimen. This is a common occurrence and may last up to two weeks. If you experience dryness while using the UNBLEMISH Regimen, simply layer a moisturiser over UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment, such as SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment or SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream.
- To help even dry and oily areas we suggest applying ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Serum on clean dry skin then layering Dual Intensive Acne Treatment. This oil-free light-weight hydrating formula balances out dry and oily areas.
When skin is clear continue to use UNBLEMISH Regimen in the morning and add in the other regimen in the evening. If breakouts occur return to using UNBLEMISH twice daily until breakouts are minimised and again utilise both regimens.
You can still benefit from the UNBLEMISH Regimen by replacing Step 3 UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment with SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment (commonly referred to as Soothe Step 2). This product features RFp3 Peptide Technology that works at the skin’s surface to neutralise triggers and pacify skin. It’s clinically tested to help reduce the visible redness common in acne-prone skin. To use this skincare Regimen, please follow the usage instructions provided for the UNBLEMISH Regimen.
We recommend that a woman who is pregnant or breast-feeding confer with her doctor about her current products and before making any change to her skincare routine.
We recommend that a woman who is pregnant or breast-feeding confer with her doctor about her current products and before making any change to her skincare routine.
No, the UNBLEMISH Regimen and SPOTLESS Regimens do not contain nuts.
UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash contains acne fighting Salicylic Acid and Colloidal Sulfur. Redness and irritation usually accompany breakouts and Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields recognize that:
- Salicylic Acid – exfoliates away dead skin and clears congested pores.
- Colloidial Sulfur – balances the over-production of sebum (oil) that causes clogged pores, breakouts and inflammation.
UNBLEMISH Regimen provides treatment for mild to moderate adult acne, including acne blemishes, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Acne medicines are created for those with acne, regardless of age. If you have any concerns about ingredient compatibility and tolerance (including those under 13), please defer to your doctor/ pediatrician and show them the ingredient list.
- The UNBLEMISH Regimen was designed for adult skin to gently and effectively treats adult acne usually located on the lower chin and jaw line—the U-ZONE, while tackling visible signs of aging.
- The SPOTLESS Regimen is specifically designed for teens and young adults with mild to moderate acne, whose primary skin concerns are acne and oily skin on the forehead nose and chin-the T-zone. The SPOTLESS Regimen is designed for younger, more resilient skin.
The shelf life for products is approximately two years from the date of manufacture, provided they are not exposed to extremes of temperature or light, such as storing them in front of a window. In your home, do not expose the products to extreme temperatures or light and use the products as directed to achieve guaranteed results.
- UNBLEMISH Regimen helps control the acne cycle and mitigating potential post-acne marks. The Clarifying Toner and Dual Intensive Acne Treatment help reduce the appearance of redness with Allantoin and brightens skin with Niacinimide. The redness indicates post-acne skin trauma and can appear brown on those with richer skin tones
- For anyone concerned with post-acne marks it is imperative that a sunscreen be used every day and re-applied as directed. We suggest using UNBLEMISH Invisible Matte Defense SPF 30, which is a lightweight sunscreen, designed specifically for acne-prone skin, to help reduce the appearance of oily skin and defend against UVA/UVB rays.
- You can also apply DERMACOSMETICS Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for additional coverage. This product is non-comedogenic, nonacnegenic, and oil-free providing three forms of defense: environmental, barrier and photo (against UVA and UVB rays).
The UNBLEMISH Regimen products were not designed to be used as a spot treatment. You have over 10,000 pores on your face and anyone has pimple potential! Chasing the blemish you see today is too little too late. This blemish has been forming beneath your skin for weeks before it pops up! Whether you break out constantly or once a month, you need a full-face regimen to help clear blemishes and to keep your skin clear.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen was designed to be used twice a day to address acne and visible signs of aging. Please follow the ramp up schedule on your Regimen brochure to get started.
Everyone’s skin is different however some see an improvement in their skin by the next day, the next week or over the next few months. Main components of clearer skin include: Following directions, using the entire regimen evenly over the full face, and continue usage even when skin is clear.
More is not better. Since the products are ramped up from once every other morning to twice a day over 4 weeks, ramping up faster may not increase results and the skin could have difficulty acclimating resulting in dryness or irritation. It is important to keep using for 4-8 weeks to see results.
The UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash does not use physical exfoliants to slough away dead skin cells. Exfoliation is achieved using Salicylic acid and is an effective chemical exfoliant for acne-prone skin. Salicylic acid will also decongest deep within the pore which is ideal for adult acne-prone skin to preserve a clear, youthful glow.
However, we do understand that some adults with acne may prefer to use physical exfoliants. In that case, we recommend adding the REDEFINE Daily Cleansing Mask into your UNBLEMISH Regimen routine, substituting the Refining Acne Wash once a day or as needed. In addition to the physical exfoliation, the Kaolin clay can help draw out impurities that cause acne breakouts. Another option is to add the ENHANCMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste into your UNBLEMISH Regimen routine. This gentle yet effective scrub provides brightening & soothing benefits using Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Bisabolol while leaving the skin soft and conditioned. This exfoliating scrub does contain oil and has not been tested on acne-prone skin. While not all oils will clog skin, we do recommend patch testing this product before using full face
No, the UNBLEMISH Regimen and SPOTLESS Regimens do not contain gluten.
- If your skin is sensitive all of the time and breaks out a little or frequently, we recommend you use the SOOTHE Regimen and follow the directions to patch test prior to a full-face application of the products.
- We suggest this “patch test” for three days three times a day.
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser for 30 seconds, then rinse it off.
- Apply each product on a separate area and re-apply the products over themselves.
- Watch for a product reaction; redness, dryness, irritation, or swelling.
- Don’t re-introduce any products that irritate your skin.
- To address breakouts, we recommend substituting the UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash for the SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash in the morning 1-2 times a week increasing to every morning as tolerated if needed to manage your breakouts.
An allergy to oral sulfur medications like Bactrim, Septra, Trimethoprim or Sulfamethoxazole does not necessarily predispose someone to be allergic to topical sulfur medications. If you are concerned about an allergy, first speak with your doctor and then (with their approval), try a sensitivity patch test before beginning to use UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash as follows:
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser on your jawline for 30 seconds, and then rinse it off.
- Repeat this process three times a day in the same area as originally applied, for three days.
- Watch for any signs of redness, dryness, irritation or swelling.
If you determine you are sensitive to UNBLEMISH Refining Acne Wash, discontinue use and substitute SPOTLESS Daily Acne Wash for your cleansing step.
During the acne cycle, blemishes begin to form days or even weeks before reaching the skin’s surface. Therefore, you may still experience breakouts at the beginning of using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask. Everyone’s skin is different, but with continued use, participants experienced fewer blemishes after just four weekly uses.
If the skin has become red or feels irritated when using UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask, follow these steps.
- Immediately clean off product (with water or a mild cleanser), then rinse, and gently pat the skin dry.
- Make a cold compress by placing crushed ice in a resealable bag wrapped within a soft cloth and hold this on the area for 3-5 minutes three times an hour—as tolerated.
- If irritation persists, ask your healthcare professional for a recommendation of a usual over the counter treatment on areas of irritation. Use as directed and layer a mild moisturiser if your skin feels dry.
- If the skin does not respond to the above protocol after 24 hours, you may wish to see your healthcare professional for an evaluation and ingredient review.
We recommend that a woman who is pregnant or breastfeeding consult with her healthcare professional about her current products or before making any changes regarding her skincare routine. Providing the ingredient list will help inform the healthcare professional.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask offers immediate improvement you can see and feel and even more results over time.
In a clinical study, participants using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask reported the following results:
- 100% experienced a reduction in excess oil
- 91% noticed cleaner-feeling skin
- 74% noticed pores appeared smaller
Results After 4 Weekly Uses
- 94% experienced fewer blemishes
- 85% noticed visibly calmer skin
- 77% noticed cleaner, less congested pores
*Based on a 4-week U.S. clinical and consumer study, where participants used the mask once per week. Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.
Yes, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be used with Intensive Renewing Serum.
Yes, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be used with the AMP MD System. The AMP MD Derma-Roller should not be used on highly sensitive skin, open wounds, active acne lesions or skin that is irritated or infected.
Start by using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask once per week and increase to 2 to 3 times per week, as tolerated. If dryness or peeling occurs, reduce frequency. Use the Mask with your SPOTLESS Regimen morning or night, after the Daily Acne Wash and before the Acne Clearing Treatment.
Based on Multi-Step Science, The SPOTLESS Regimen is a comprehensive, twice-daily skincare routine for teen and young adult acne.
Although the SPOTLESS Regimen is a comprehensive routine for teen and young adult acne, sometimes the skin needs an extra boost. The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is formulated with unique ingredients not found in the SPOTLESS Regimen, such as Sulfur, soothing, colour-changing exfoliators and Tea Tree Oil, cleansing the skin to instantly reduce excess oil, unclog pores and remove impurities from the surface of skin, while calming skin, resulting in fewer blemishes and clearer skin over time.
Start by using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask once per week and increase to 2 to 3 times per week, as tolerated. If dryness or peeling occurs, reduce frequency.
Use the Mask with your UNBLEMISH Regimen morning or night, after the Gentle Exfoliating Acne Wash and before the Clarifying Toner.
Based on Multi-Step Science, the UNBLEMISH Regimen is a comprehensive, twice-daily skincare routine designed to clear adult acne by cleansing and visibly improve the signs of ageing.
Although the UNBLEMISH Regimen is a comprehensive routine, sometimes skin needs an extra boost. The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is formulated with unique ingredients not found in the UNBLEMISH Regimen, such as a higher concentration of Sulfur, soothing, color-changing exfoliators and Tea Tree Oil, cleansing the skin to instantly reduce excess oil, unclog pores and remove impurities from the surface of skin, while calming skin, resulting in fewer blemishes and clearer skin over time.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying can be added to the SOOTHE Regimen, but it is recommended to ramp up by using the SOOTHE Regimen for two to four weeks before incorporating the Mask.
Before applying a full-face application, test the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask on a small area of the jawline for ten minutes. If the skin tolerates the application and feels / appears normal you can try a full-face application. However, if you experience stinging, redness or burning, immediately rinse the face with cool water.
Once you have ramped up, start by using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask once per week and increase to 2 to 3 times per week, as tolerated. If dryness or peeling occurs, reduce frequency. Use the Mask with the SOOTHE Regimen morning or night, after the Gentle Cream Wash and before the Sensitive Skin Treatment.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be added to the SOOTHE Regimen to address the additional skin concern of acne and blemishes as the mask is formulated with powerful ingredients to address the manifestations of the acne cycle and occasional blemishes.
As usual for anyone with sensitive skin always patch test the mask on a small area of the jawline for 10 minutes as a patch test prior to full face application.
We recommend waiting to incorporate the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask until you have ramped up to using the REVERSE Regimen twice a day.
Once you have ramped up on the Regimen, start by using the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask once per week and increase to 2 to 3 times per week, as tolerated. If dryness or peeling occurs, reduce frequency. Use the Mask with your REVERSE Regimen morning or night, after the Deep Exfoliating Wash and before the Intensive Brightening Toner.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be added to the REVERSE Regimen to address the additional skin concern of acne and blemishes as the mask is formulated with powerful ingredients to address the manifestations of the acne cycle and occasional blemishes.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be added to the REDEFINE Regimen to address the additional skin concern of acne and blemishes as the mask is formulated with powerful ingredients to address the manifestations of the acne cycle and occasional blemishes.
No, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask was developed as an intensive mask designed to be used on the entire face or on acne prone areas of the face (e.g., the T-Zone). It was not designed to be used as a spot treatment.
No, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask was developed as an intensive treatment mask designed to be used 2-3 times per week, while the UNBLEMISH Gentle Exfoliating Wash was designed as a twice daily acne face wash.
Yes, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is non-acnegenic, which means it won’t cause acne.
Yes, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores.
If your skin is sensitive, try UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask on a small area of the jawline for ten minutes. If the skin tolerates the application and feels/appears normal, you can try a full-face application. However, if you experience stinging, redness or burning, immediately rinse the face with cool water.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask is not recommended for extremely sensitive skin. If you have any concerns about using any products we encourage you to review the ingredient list with your doctor.
Yes, there are considerations for dry skin. As the mask is formulated with Sulfur to cleanse acne blemishes and help prevent new blemishes from forming, those with dry skin may need add additional hydration, such as ENHANCEMENTS Active Hydration Serum.
Yes, any cleanser can be used in combination with the masks including Micro-Dermabrasion Paste.
Yes, any cleanser can be used in combination with the masks including Micro-Dermabrasion Paste.
The UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask can be used on all types of acne including blackheads, whiteheads, acne and blemishes. Do not use on open wounds.
Yes, you can apply the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask to any acne-affected areas on your neck, chest or back and not on large areas of the body.
No, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask was not formulated nor clinically tested to be used on the lips.
No, the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask was not formulated nor clinically tested to be used near the eyes. When using the mask, please avoid the eye area, which is located between the eye and orbital bone.
While it’s not required to use the mask on clean skin, the mask will perform better as dirt and debris may interfere with the ingredients getting to the skin. Our toners are applied before the next step of the Regimen to provide better delivery and results for the product that follows. The toner will not interfere with the results of the mask, as our toners are designed to deliver, not take away from the skin.
You may use the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask morning or evening, as directed.
Use UNBLEMISH Clarifying Mask with any Regimen morning or night, after your cleanser and before your Step 2 and remaining products.
A generous layer should be applied to the skin. Once you’ve applied an even layer to the face, your skin should not peek through.