Limited Time! Save 15% on our best Total Anti-Aging add-ons. SHOP NOW
R+F Cookie Notice
Last Updated: 2/9/2021
This notice covers how Rodan & Fields, LLC, including all its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rodan + Fields,” “we,” “our,” and “us”) uses certain tracking technologies in connections with our Site and helps you understand what Cookies are, how we use them, and your options.
To manage your Cookie preferences, please use the Cookie Settings link found at the bottom of the page.
What Tracking Technologies Do We Use?
There are ways to recognize or track visitors to a website other than Cookies. For example, Rodan + Fields may use web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). Tracking pixels are tiny, transparent graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to provide analytical information concerning the user experience as well as to support customization of our marketing and advertising activities. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on web pages.
Who Puts Cookies on My Device?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Rodan + Fields as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies.
Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Rodan + Fields when you visit our Site. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, a Rodan + Fields partner may place a third party Cookie to enable online chat services.
What Categories of Cookies Do We Use?
Listed below are the different categories of Cookies that we (and vendors acting on our behalf) use on our Site.
- Necessary Cookies. Necessary Cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility, and cannot be switched off in our systems. You may disable these Cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Site functions.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They allow access to the Site with a number of predefined features that depend on a set of criteria such as language preference, or settings for the region from which you are accessing the service.
- Analytics Cookies. These technologies allow us to analyze and improve the performance of our Site. We use them, for example, to count device visits and traffic sources or to identify which experiences are the most and least popular. The information is aggregated and therefore collected it in a way that does not directly identify any particular user.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies may be set by us or by our advertising partners and are typically used to build a profile of the device owner’s interests and show the device owner relevant advertisements. If you choose to block these Cookies you will experience less personalized advertising.
How Long Do Cookies Stay On My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit our Site to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
Some Cookies do not expire when you close your browser and will stay on your device between browsing sessions. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Site, how often you return, how your use of the Site may vary over time, and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts.
In some cases, we may link tracking information with Personal Information.
We may also use these technologies to help us better manage content, such as by improving the user interface.
Finally, we also use these technologies (directly or through service providers) to build a better picture of the type of offers and products that you might be interested in, for location-based advertising (including through push notifications as described below), cross-device matching, and interest-based advertising.
- Location-Based Advertising. To the extent our Site has a corresponding App, we may use our App to obtain the user’s precise location (if the user of the App permits the App to request and collect this information from the applicable mobile device). We may also determine a zip code from the precise location data received from an App user’s mobile device. Users of the Site also may elect to provide us with their zip code directly. We may use general location data, preferences, or other information received from the Site, including through your mobile device such as through the App, to send you tailored marketing messages based on your location, including making product recommendations. Additionally, we may use information to engage in interactive, real-time discussions with users, which we or the users may initiate. If you would like to opt-out of location-based advertising, please see the choices section below.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may use the information we collect (alone or in combination with information provided by third parties and service providers) through Cookies (which may be combined with other Personal Information such as your email address) to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit our Site or elsewhere. For example, if you are searching our Site for information on a particular product, we may use that information to cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view promoting a product that matches your search. We also partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you or your business. Our partners may place or recognize a tracking technology placed on your computer, device, or directly in our emails/communications, and we may share Personal Information with them for interest-based advertising purposes. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms, including but not limited to, computers, mobile devices, and Smart TVs, over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes.
How You Can Set Your Cookie Preferences.
To manage your preferences in relation to Cookies served on our Site simply use the Rodan + Fields Cookie Settings tool found at the bottom of the page.
You can also manage your preferences at the browser level through your Internet browser’s settings. Most Internet browsers today allow some control of Cookies through the browser settings. The following links take you to information on how to manage the Cookies settings on some popular browsers:
In addition, you can also manage your Cookie preferences by using a browser plug-in such as Ghostery from Cliqz International GmbH.
How Does Rodan + Fields Respond to a Do Not Track Signal?
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, our Site does not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track, see All About Do Not Track.
Privacy at Rodan + Fields
How to Contact Us